I was in need to buy a portable changer due to my high mobile usage and Mi (Chinese company Xiaomi recently changed its name to Mi for its Indian subsidiary) Power bank was the best looking and cheapest 10400 mAh power bank from a good brand available in market. 3 of my friends had ordered it, so even I thought of ordering it. Got it for Rs. 999 from FlipKart.com. Few months back same was available for Rs. 1800. This reduced price is due to recent price drop of the product.
Mi 10400 mAh power bank look is very good and had a premium metallic finish. It looks like an Apple product and just putting Apple logo on it would easily attract Apple fan-boys to pay more than Rs. 3000 for same product.
There is a USB and a micro USB port on top. USB port is for putting in USB cable for charging the mobile device and Micro USB port for charging the power bank itself. Along with this there is also a button along with 4 LED lights. Pressing that button reveals present battery charge status of this product. For example 30/4 LED on would indicate 75% charge status of the power bank.
Input current is 2 A and output is 2.1 A. Such high output makes it a very fast charging device as most chargers coming with mobile phones nowadays are 1.2 A or less. usually only tablet charges go to this level.
In conclusion, this a total value for money product with excellent looks. Only negative of this portable charger is that it has only 1 USB port so only 1 device can be charged at a time. Leaving that, this is next to perfect product and highly recommended for anyone who needs a portable power bank.
View our video review of Mi 10400 mAh Power Bank below,
- Model NDY-02-AD
- Battery type Lithium-ion rechargeable cell
- Power source DC 5V
- Input voltage DC 5.1V
- Input current 2.0A(TYP)
- Output current 2.1A(TYP)
- Rated capacity 3.6V/10400mAh(TYP)
- Charging time 5.5 hrs with 5V/2A plug and standard cable and 12 hrs with 5V/1A plug and standard cable
- Size 90.5*77*21.6mm
- Load detection Auto-detect the plug-in and plug-out of devices
- Safety Input OVP, OCP; Output OCP OVP, short protection; cell protection including OVP OCP, thermal protection during charge and discharge stage
- Out of power protection Awake once pluged to the charger
- Charging temperature 0℃-45℃ (TYP)
- Discharging temperature Initial -10℃~+50℃(TYP) Continuous -20℃~+60℃(TYP)
- Weight 250g